OCaml Memory Profiler — Beta
Non-intrusive memory profiler for OCaml applications
- Detect and trace memory leaks
- No need to instrument your code
- Performance and memory behavior are unchanged
- Visualise with an intuitive web interface
- Easy to use
- No changes to your application is required,
just compile using our extended compiler, provided as an OPAM switch
for convenience. Then run through
ocp-memprofto gather statistics and analyze its memory behavior.
- Automatic or manual, your choice
- Memory snapshots can be generated at every major garbage collection, on user demand (by sending a specific signal to the application) or on application demand (by calling a specific function).
- Use in production
- Since memory profiling by snapshots
has little impact on performance, and none on memory consumption,
you can profile an application in production, asking for a snapshot
only when the memory usage shows a problem that
ocp-memprofcould help understand.
- No 32-bit support
- For now, memory profiling is only supported on 64 bits platforms; if you are interested in 32 bit support, please contact us to discuss your motivations.
TypeRex is a suite of
development tools for OCaml that OCamlPro is actively developing. Many
of these tools are free and open-source (ocp-indent, ocp-index,
ocp-build, opam-manager, etc) and funded by our
ocp-memprof is part of the larger set of tools of TypeRex
that are only available as open-source software for our TypeRex Pro
customers. More memory profiling tools (ocp-allocprof and ocp-gcprof)
are still under active development, and should be available soon.